Monday, December 19, 2011

I tried parsnips

I got in a mood for Beets and decided to try roasting them and then tossing them with a little vinaigrette. When I was getting the beets I saw Parsnips and decided to try them! Decided on the fly to add a couple more things to the beet salad too

Look at those honkers! this is the biggest bunch of beets I've ever seen.
I chopped and tossed the parsnips and beets with some salt, no stick spray, and coriander

roasted those on 375 for 20 mins. Then I took out the parsnips and put them aside. I didn't want them to get overcooked. Put the beets back in for another 10. Meanwhile, I whipped up a little vinaigrette: splash of rice vinegar, juice of 1/2 lemon, splash of liquid amino's, dry oregano, garlic powder, salt, a splash of olive oil. Tossed all of that with the beets, parsnips, some green beans and a chopped up cucumber.

Here's the verdict on parsnips: don't like them :-( haha. They have an ok flavor but they are stringy and tough like I'm eating the middle of a tree trunk... maybe I should have left them in the oven with the beets. I'll try again. eventually...
I LOVE the beets though. mmmmm and they are SO pretty

3 comments:

  1. Thats' cool, I'll eat all the parsnips so you don't have to :) (I love parsnips!)

    OMG pretty beet with pretty beet-coloured nails!

    Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need a better parsnip recipe!! I shall send you one. Parsnips are one of my fav veggies. <3

    ReplyDelete