Sunday, July 22, 2012

First try body bar



First try: Almond Oatmeal Honey Glycerine Bar

2 Cups grated soap
1/2 Cup water
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1 Heaping Tbsp oat flour
1 Tbsp ground almonds
1 Tbsp honey

I used plain unscented glycerine soap, gluten free oatmeal, almond butter from New Seasons, and spun honey from Trader Joes. Melted the soap, water, and coconut oil, then added the other ingredients. stirred for a bit then poured it in a mini bread pan mold. I think it needs to cure for a couple weeks. I'll be making more posts about soap with lotsa pictures and good information. You should try this it is VERY satisfying to wash my hands with my new soap, I'm going to go take a bath with it right now :-)

4 comments:

  1. Please sign me up to try your first try body bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that we could all learn to be more productive at home and never miss wasting time watching tv that teaches nothing. What if we all made our own art and useful products at home... a productive nation again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have an issue getting it out of the pan or what did you use?

    ReplyDelete