Baked Tofu is easy and everyone in my house likes it SO much this way. I love 2 kinds of tofu best: OTA Extra firm & Wildwood Sprouted Extra firm. OTA is local (Portland), non GMO, and Organic. Firm, mild, a great basic tofu. I also REALLY love Wildwood Sprouted tofu's. Here's some info on
regular VS sprouted Tofu. Basically, sprouted is much better for you, but it's also much higher in calories and fat. I LOVE the texture the best though.
Basic Baked Tofu method:
First, cut the tofu thinly, then lay them out on a dish towel, cover with a dishtowel, and apply weight to it for 20 min or so. This gets out any excess fluid.
Then, Marinade (I just use tamari) your tofu for around 40 min, flipping 1/2 way thru.
Bake in the oven at 350 for 40 min, flipping 1/2 way thru
No comments:
Post a Comment