Thursday, January 12, 2012

Beautiful Success!

I made vegan raviolis using turnip as the "pasta" Check. It. Out.

First, I sauteed a pack of mushrooms with Earth Balance Buttery spread. Then I used the food processor to make the filling:
1 Cup Macadamia nuts
1 bunch of basil leaves
1/3 Cup pine nuts
1 tsp salt
the sauteed mushrooms

Then I used my Health Master to make the "alfredo" sauce:
1 can Lite Coconut Milk
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic granules
Blended on the highest level for about 1 min (LOUD!) It came out SO creamy, I can't believe it

Then, I peeled and sliced this honkin turnip

put a dollop of filling on one side of each slice, folded it over, steamed for 3 min


ENJOYED!


This is SO super yummy you guys. Creamy, and satisfying. I'm going to make it again tomorrow and make a couple tweeks on the filling. I think I'll take out the macadamia nuts. I think if it's mainly mushrooms it will have a better texture. But other than that, I'm SO excited about this sauce!

5 comments:

  1. That pale green liquid looks like the 'vegan whipped cream' I tried at the Theosophical society.

    EXACTLY LIKE IT.

    I bet yours tasted a ton better :p

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya the color is WAY off.... that's just a cream color--not green. and it tastes WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

    Mine will most likely not be vegan and instead shall be filled with animals, but I'm still really excited to make this. I don't really like pasta, so I'm always looking for fun sort-of-pasta-but-not recipes. :)

    Will the recipe work the same with the other kind of turnip? I think Americans call them rootabaggies or something weird like that. I prefer them over the red turnip as far as flavour, but will they cook the same?

    <3 u!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm with Mich on dead animal, but the turnip shell sounds magnificent. I'm definitely going to give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn you've just made me soooo hungry omg!! arghh x

    ReplyDelete