I thought quinoa would be a good breakfast mixed with my brown rice breakfast bowl. I typically make my breakfast rice with sweet add-in's like currants, & honey. So I thought of a way to make my quinoa sweet rather than savory. I ALSO learned that if I rinse the dry quinoa before cooking it turns out just SO much better. Tastes better and the texture is JUST like couscous.
Sweet Quinoa
1 Cup Dry Quinoa, rinsed
3/4th Cup Water
1/2 Cup Applesauce
dash cinnamon
splash vanilla extract
~bring all to a boil in a smallish saucepan. Cover & reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 min stirring occasionally
Savory Quinoa
1 Cup Dry Quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 Cup Savory Vegetable Broth
~Bring to a boil in a smallish Saucepan. Cover & reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 min stirring occasionally
Ok, Quinoa is going on the shopping list!
ReplyDeleteLove you <3
I never would have thought to make quinoa for breakfast. Defeinitely trying this.
ReplyDeleteI actually cooked with quinoa for the first time a couple weeks ago--make roasted pattypan squash stuffed with quinoa that I had sauteed with onion and fresh basil and it was absolutely DELICIOUS.