Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crockpot Oatmeal

 mmmmmmmmmmm This meal is so soothing I will lovingly recommend it for dinner on a bad day. Seriously. It is Yummy and really makes everything better. The texture is creamy and some of the grains still pop in your teeth.
 Ingredients:
2 C Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
3 C Milk ( I used Unsweetened vanilla almond milk )
3 C Water
2 Apples peeled, cored, diced
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
8 Tbsp Raw cane sugar
3 Tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread (optional)
Put all the ingredients into the pot, give it a stir.






















I've made this a few times now and it takes about 5 hours in my crock. I know they vary though so I would definitely recommend making this during the day so you can find out the correct time on yours. You can stir it every hour or so. The first time I made it, I let it go for a long time so that a huge crust built up on the sides. After it cooled, I stirred it up vigorously so that the crust was broken up into the oatmeal and it was divine!!  I split it up and package it in the fridge for quick grab n go. Add some milk before reheating. Try adding peanut butter and coffee creamer AAAAHHHHHH yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment