Monday, August 6, 2012

Best Stir Fry Ever

We all have our own way of making stir fry. But I thought I'd share my method, in case any of you is looking for some new ideas or refreshment.

Lately, I've been using wide rice noodles. Boil them up and put them aside.





















I cut up the baby bok choy, and mushrooms, and saute them separately ahead of time. If I'm using broccoli, I'll cut & trim it and quickly blanch it, then set it aside too.

Meanwhile I cut up all my other veggies: Asparagus, kale, red onion, zucchini. All of THESE veggies can be mixed together in their staging bowl, along with the already started mushroom/bok choy/broccoli. We've also been enjoying this bean curd stuff a LOT. It's yummy and the protien rounds out the dish.























I also mince up a whole bunch of garlic, and stage that separately.


Now, I'm ready to start frying. I use coconut oil. I put in all the veggies, reserving the garlic. Fry for about 2 min, then start adding sauces. For Mike, I use Kung Pao sauce. Easy. For me, I use: 1/4 cup lite coconut milk, a GENEROUS shake of red pepper flakes, couple splashes of tamari, sometimes a nice dollop of Yum Cafe Yummi Sauce. After adding all the sauce, I'll grab a handful of noodles. It is helpful to keep the noodles in the colander near the sink. They stick together and I have to rinse them fresh before adding them. Stir, fry, add sauce if needed. at the VERY last second, I add the garlic. Give it a last quick mix up and plate (bowl)


No comments:

Post a Comment