Thursday, August 9, 2012

Body Lotion

I MADE body lotion. Very exciting, but I can't TELL you how easy it is and how excited I am that I will be saving millions of dollars now :-)



I got the basic recipe from A Sonoma Garden, my new FAVORITE do it yourself blog, and I ordered the ingredients from Mountain Rose Herbs.








I did make a couple minor tweeks on the recipe because I wanted shea butter in my lotion. So the recipe is this:










Melt together 1/4 C Emulsifying Wax & 1/4 C Sweet Almond Oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then another 30 if needed




















Add 1/4 C Shea Butter to the warm oil/wax and stir till it's melted. I read somewhere online that if you over heat the shea it can become gritty. This method seemed to work fine.























Add 30 drops of Lavender Essential Oil




















Add 1 C water hottest from the tap. Stir, pour into a jar & let cool overnight....



















I'm not waiting :-)

1 comment: